Tag Archives: knitting

Purple Sweater Dress

VOGUE Knitting, Winter 2007/2008

It was a quick knit, taking under consideration the size of the dress. I managed to complete it in one weekend. The dress had to be hand knitted because the yarn was too bulky for my sweater machine. The pattern was easy to follow, the only change I made was to make the length and the sleeves shorter. It looks good over some jeans, but I loved the original look over a dress, so I decided to make a simple jersey  lining. It is a tank top dress with a wide bottom.

Twinkle Dress

Twinkle Dress

And a recent little painting. I was trying to paint on wood, experimenting with it and oils. I struggled a lot, but I have learned a lot as well. Maybe the next one will be better.

Portrait

 

Advertisements

Cardigan Pattern

Here is the chart pattern for the Anthropology inspired cardigan. I scanned my original chart and put it in a Word format, I hope it is clear enough.

Cardigan         cardigan-pattern.doc

 Let me see your sweater if you decide to make it!

Knit… Knit… Knit…

 cardigan71461_plr_b.jpg

 Anthropologie inspired cardigan. It is not exactly like the original, but after one total ripping of the front I lost my patience and left it like this.

cardigan

cardigan

cardigan

It would be a quick project on the Bond machine if I had a pattern. I find it harder to knit without patterns on Bond than by hand. It’s just hard to in-vision the whole piece when it is pulled in every direction by the machine. You don’t know what you’ll get until you take it off the needles ( I love my Bond anyway).

On a different note. My little fighter, Cicia.

cicia=^..^=

And my next knitting project;  dress form Vogue Knitting Winter 2007. It’s almost spring, but I just got the magazine couple days ago and love everything in it! If time allows I will make few of them, especially the over-sized sweaters.

Vogue knitting

Branchardiere Cardigan Finished!

My knock-off Anthropologie’s Branchardiere Cardigan.

ae-002.jpg

ae-009.jpg

Work in Progress- Branchardiere Cardigan

 Anthropologie is my favorite store in the world. I love shopping there, most of the time the sale racks because the clothes can be expensive. Every time I leave the store my head is full of beautiful images and inspirations.

I fell in love with the above bolero and decided to make a similar one. I had a leftover light blue yarn (from the last project) and matched it with a dark navy blue. I already started patiently crocheting the flowers (20 as of now) and I plan to knit the body of the bolero on the Bond machine. In my vision there will not be any flowers around, just on the sleeves and the back.  I also plan to make it longer (making it into a vest more than a bolero shape) using a simple purl. The closure will be buttons

Blue Sweater- First Major Bond Project

 

The Bond knitting machine is great! I can’t believe how much time this thing saves.

As soon as I got it I watched the instructional CD and practiced a little on the sample yarn that came with the machine. I got impatient soon enough and ignored the recommendations to start with easy projects (like scarves) and slowly advance. But my ambitions took over the common sense and started working on the cable sweater that was on my mind for a while. I struggled a lot in the beginning with making the cables on the bond, choosing the right plate size and just general principles of working on the machine. I had to start over few times. The general idea for the sweater came from a picture on the Phildar’s site. I tried to make the same sleeves, but they came out much wider. I liked the result and decided to keep them like that. The Phildar’s creation doesn’t have a knitted body, so that part of the sweater was all mine idea. Not all of the sweater was made on the Bond. I hand knitted the ribbed edge around the neck and at the front closure. I crocheted around black plastic buttons.

Yarn: Bernat’s Satin (100% acrylic) that was on sale for $1.99/ball at A.C. Moore.

 

 

Purple Knit Top

top

This top has been made a while ago, just never published. It was made to look similar to a picture from an old fashion magazine. The yarns were a left over from previous projects, luckily the colors matched.