Pattern: BellaHigh-Waisted Pants by BurdaStyle
I fell in love with Bella and decided to make a short version. The pattern worked very well, didn’t have to change anything except I used a zipper instead of buttons. I used cotton, dark blue with white pinstripes. I enjoyed playing withe the stripes direction a lot.
One More Thing To Brag About
BurdaStyle posted one more pattern of mine; Kasia Skirt. It was a part of my submission for Alice in WorkingLand competition. I get goosebumps when I see my design on a model.
Download Pattern and See More HERE
After watching many fashion-shows I had to have one of the high-waistline/wide-leg pants. I used an old Burda pattern for regular pants and widened the legs (the easy part). Then I decided to build up the belt part onto the original one by adding two more parts, and this is where my patience was tested. The reason why it wasn’t working was because I thought it would be nice to make the middle part of the belt from a biased piece of fabric. It looked great until I tried it on, and there it was: a bulge (a muffin top) in the middle of the belt! Even with stiffening it from behind it wouldn’t resolve complete, but with a belt it is acceptable.